We are open with career opportunities in our Operations & Postfixing Department with an interesting and challenging position in operation/postfixing that can work in friendly global teamwork environment.
The main important key factors are:
1) The person must be educated in shipping studies to degree level and Fluent in English with experience of 2 - 5 Years;
2) Its important that the person should be organised, careful, pays attention to detail, able to work in a high-pressured environment, dealing with a range of high priority issues and Understanding of basic shipping terms and must be able to follow any urgent issues after office hours.
The Operations & Postfixing Department are responsible for:
- Must have the knowledge of the charter party form including laycan/laydays, ship’s itinerary, last cargoes, load and discharge range, freight and demurrage rate, declarations, terms; and the Bills of Lading.
- Managing communications between the charterer, owner, ship agent and master of the owned/chartered vessels.
- Ensuring communications between vessel masters and agent are established and all necessary pre arrival of calling ports and canal are submitted.
- Ensuring having full knowledge understanding in doing and dealing with the Demurrage and Laytime Calculation.
- Ensuring efficient flow of information between all parties, including the passing on of the voyage orders masters and make sure that masters understanding the voyage details etc.
- Overseeing that the vessel arrives on time at loadport/dischg port, providing ETAs and movement reports and that vessel arrives in the right condition.
- Ensuring the vessel loads as agreed (quantity, stowage, bill of lading)
- Ensuring a valid Letter of Indemnity in the upset of the original endorsed Bs/L and its in place and that vessel arrives at disport and discharges cargo as instructed by the charterers.
- Obtaining a confirmation from accounting department that freight is paid in order to allow releasing Bs/l or discharging the cargo.
- Processing post voyage demurrage and claims and passing to principles
- All the above procedures are part of the broking service, managed vessels and ensure the voyage is carried out with utmost efficiency and service to all parties, helping build stronger relationships between all involved parties.
- The person need to be able to follow any urgent issue after office hours and over the weekend from their mobile.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Data Entry; Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Excellent Skills With Microsoft Office; Detail Oriented; Organised; Timely; Competent IT Skills;
- Having the Knowledge in using DANAOS or other marine system;
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills in English Language;
- Associate's Degree/diploma in Shipping
Send you CV to email@example.com